783 reasons why we love our volunteers
The Community Cycling Center had a very successful 2014, but we could not have done it without the support of our volunteers. Last week, we threw a party to celebrate the many accomplishments we made together.
A look back at 2014 volunteer highlights:
- Volunteers helped us expand our programming in East Multnomah County with our Bikes for Kids event where over 100 children earned bikes, helmets and safety education.
- Volunteers contributed time to support our most successful fundraising campaigns ever in 2014, by coming out in droves to our new events: The Bicycle Ball, Jeffersonian Dinner, Bike Mechanic Challenge and more!
- Volunteers in our Guest Mechanic Program built many wheels that can be seen hanging from the ceiling of our bike shop.
- Volunteers wrenched on bikes at New Columbia’s Bike Repair Hub.
- Volunteers supported our marketing and communications efforts through graphic design, photography, storytelling, and branding.
- Volunteers came into our bike shop nearly every Tuesday to clean and repair bikes for our programs.
- Volunteers came out in December to support our largest event of the year, the Holiday Bike Drive.
Our volunteers provided top-notch delivery of our mission to kids and adults in Portland who need access to bicycles the most. An impressive 783 individuals gave 9,360 hours of support.
Thank you to all of you amazing volunteers who came out in 2014 to help us do more within our community. We have big things in store for 2015 and can’t wait to work alongside you once again!
Some photos from our Volunteer Appreciation Party:
Created with flickr slideshow.