Hot off the Presses – Annual Report!
We had another amazing year of sharing the love of bicycles with the community. Every day we see beaming smiles from people buying refurbished bicycles in our shop, earning their own bicycles in our programs, donating bicycles they no longer use, or volunteering with others to recycle bicycles. We are very thankful and we would like to share some of the great news with you.
The Community Cycling Center is proud to release itsÂ Annual Report 2006/Vision 2007, which highlights many of the organizationâ€™s accomplishments in 2006, which include:
– promoting the health and safety of 800 low-income youth who earned bicycles through bike safety programs;
– creating 500 cyclists by giving low-income children their first bike at the holidays;
– fostering self-sufficiency by helping 350 low-income adults become bike commuters;
– engaging 2,000 volunteers to recycle bicycles and support events and programs;
– protecting the environment by recycling 25 tons of metal from recycled bicycles!
The Community Cycling Center, founded in 1994, recently completed a comprehensive planning process to update the organizationâ€™s mission statement and set ambitious goals for the next five years. Goals include growing programs and services, becoming a national model for other hybrid nonprofits and bicycle safety education programs, and connecting to a wider cross-section of the community.
Let us know what you think!