The Oregon Public House (700 NE Dekum, Portland) bills itself as “The World’s First Not-for-Profit Pub.” The community gathering space, which opened in 2010 just a few minutes by bike from the Cycling Center, pays its staff a living wage and then gives all of its profits to community organizations. WOW!
The way it organizes those donations is by picking a few non-profit partners for a few months at a time, and splitting profits between them. We hare excited to share that the Cycling Center has been chosen as one of six partners for the second half of 2019. We were previously a partner in 2014 and we are excited to do it again in 2019!
Here’s how you can help!
1. Please choose the Oregon Public House as the meeting spot for your social groups, book clubs, family gatherings, and the endpoint for your rides, etc. for the next six months!
2. If you have any big parties coming up (wedding? work retreat?), consider renting the Village Ballroom, their upstairs space. (unfortunately not ADA accessible at this time.)
3. Drop by and have a beer or a snack?
4. Sign up to do a volunteer shift there with us! Volunteers let them hire fewer staff, and thus generate more profit. We have scheduled duty days and times through December — if you are interested in finding out more or volunteering, please contact [email protected]org.
The basic task list for volunteers includes:
Bringing food to tables
Refilling water glasses
Talking up your organization
Posting on social media
And possibly light kitchen help
5. FINALLY, come by Friday, July 19th for the kickoff event for this cohort of partners!
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.